Goldman Sachs & Man Group Partner with University of Warwick to Deliver a New Master’s Degree Apprenticeship

On-the-job training programme includes funding to complete a master’s degree in Digital & Technological Solutions

Warwick, 14 February 2022

Goldman Sachs and Man Group are partnering with the University of Warwick to deliver a new Level 7 Master’s Degree Apprenticeship, providing recent STEM graduates the opportunity to continue their further education while transitioning into full-time employment. The partnership creates a new graduate pathway into both firms.

Beginning in September 2022, this two-year programme includes funding through the apprenticeship levy for candidates to complete an MSc in Digital & Technological Solutions. The course will focus on the areas of cloud computing, data engineering, software development, testing, and leadership in technology.

Participants will spend 80% of their time with Goldman Sachs or Man Group, working within a technology team and building valuable skills alongside experienced colleagues. The remaining 20% of their time will be spent undertaking formal tuition at WMG and the Department of Computer Science on the University of Warwick campus.

Goldman Sachs will be welcoming candidates across both its London and recently opened Birmingham offices, while those participating via Man Group will be based in its London office. The initial cohort is expected to incorporate between 20-30 individuals and both firms are committed to increasing the scale of these master’s level apprenticeship schemes over the coming years, to form part of their broader social mobility efforts.

Professor Stuart Croft, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Warwick, said:

“We are always looking for new ways to give our student community a high quality, comprehensive, inclusive education experience. This new partnership with Goldman Sachs and Man Group not only provides students from all backgrounds a chance to work with some prestigious companies and kick-start their careers, but also puts the West Midlands on the map as a region for producing the next generation of talent.”

Gary Collier, CTO of Man Alpha Technology at Man Group, added:

“We are big believers in the benefits of combining industry work and academia, as well as the transformative power of technology in finance. This programme is a great opportunity to pave the way for a more diverse range of talent. We are excited to be partnering with Goldman Sachs and the University of Warwick to offer our collective expertise and to increase access to tech careers for talented graduates from a broader range of academic backgrounds.”

Ayaz Haji, Global Head of Data Products for Goldman Sachs Core Engineering, said:

“Goldman Sachs, alongside Man Group, are delighted to partner with the University of Warwick to deliver this unique opportunity to recent graduates. As a firm, we are committed to providing alternative pathways into the firm for students from all backgrounds, recognising there is a strong pool of talent who are keen to continue formal education but also gain practical, on the job experience.”


Applications are now open, to apply visit:

Goldman Sachs EMEA Master’s Degree Apprenticeship Programmes

Man Group Graduate Technology Training Programme [Funded MSc]



Global Communications

  • Georgiana Brunner
    Man Group, Head of Communications
    Tel: +44 (0) 20 7144 1000
    Rebecca Hooper
    Man Group, Communications Director
    Tel: +44 20 7144 1103
    Mobile: +44 7513 712636
    Neil Doyle
    FTI Consulting
    Tel: +44 (0) 7771 978 220

United States

Contacts mentioned herein retain the right to record any telephone calls made to them for training and monitoring purposes.